Replacing LG L246

M4573R

Gawd
My L246 is about 3 years old now, and has some permanent dark streaks in it (cleaning too roughly?) and gets temporary burn-in really easily (scrollbars up for a few hours will do it). I love 1920x1200, and would never consider going 1080, I need the vertical space. I don't want to go multi-monitor because I basically only watch videos and play games. Since my only options are either another 24, or bigger, the only monitor I've found so far with the quality and resolution I want is the Dell U2410. I want the great colors of a non-tn panel, but would LOVE to have a faster response time that my L246 (looks like poop next to faster monitors). Would it even be possible to get a larger monitor without losing pixel quality and response time? Should I just get a better 24"? I'm having a hard time finding 1920x1200 monitors nowadays :(

Any extra info would be greatly appreciated :D

My LG L246WP had a 3 year warranty. Since yours is less than 3 years old, why don't you get it replaced under warranty?

Actually when I tried to get my fixed a few months ago, LG USA sent me their last refurb L246WP and it was really awful, had terrible back light uniformity (Huge bright spots in the MIDDLE of the panel). They told me it was the last refurb they had in stock, so they ended cutting me a check for the full purchase price of my monitor (which was ~$600) because they could not fix the digital handshake problems that plagued the earlier versions of the L246WP.

But that really doesn't solve your "what to buy next" question, but will give you a couple of hundred dollars to help go towards your next monitor... and with that kind of extra $$$, you can get a Dell U2410 with money left over.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do with the warranty. (hopefully its under than 3 years still). If I could get that much cash for it, I'd probably spring for a U3011.

Back