• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacing HD with SSD: How do I duplicate everything including OS?

l88bastard

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
3,929
Hi, I have a G50V laptop and I am replacing the hard drive with a SSD. The laptop has two storage bays for hard drives so I put the SSD in the second bay for now. I want to make the SSD the primary drive so what is the easiest way to duplicate everything (including the OS) onto the second drive?

Thanks for any help!
 
There are a number of utilities available. Many manufacturers have cloning software for their drives, like Intel for example.

I like Acronis, but there are some free utilities like DD and clonezilla.
 
Just double check when you get done to make sure the utility has correctly aligned the partition.
 
Back
Top