• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacing ear cups on HD600?

molson3530

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
1,923
I have noticed that the ear cups on my HD600s have gotten pretty flat. Will I be able to tell a difference in the sound due to positioning differences? I am thinking yes because I just replaced the headband on them (almost all of the paint peeled off of the top and I was sent a free replacement) and I can definitely tell a difference due to the increased clamping force. I will probably replace them anyway, but I am just curious. Also, where is the best place to buy them. HeadRoom? Thanks in advance.
 
I bought some new ones for my HD580's, didn't really notice a big difference unfortunately.
 
By ear cups do you mean the earpads/cushions? You can get those off the Sennheiser site, but I remember they are kind of expensive, around 40 dollars or so.
 
strid3r said:
By ear cups do you mean the earpads/cushions? You can get those off the Sennheiser site, but I remember they are kind of expensive, around 40 dollars or so.
That is what I was talking about. Is there a better place to buy them?
 
molson3530 said:
That is what I was talking about. Is there a better place to buy them?
I would buy them from Headroom.
After shipping they end up being comparable priced but past experience with Sennheiser USA tells me that you never know what you are gonna get from them.


Take the time I ordered 4 HD650 cables
The initial package took 2 months to arrive.
Catch is they only sent me one of the four cables I ordered.

I sent them an email and notified them that there appeared to be an error.
I patiently waited two days and when I did not receive a reply to my inquiry I sent them another Email.
After waiting a week or so for a reply that never came I figured it was time to call them.
The person I talked to said the cables had been back ordered for months and that was the reason for the delay.... K.
He had no explanation as to why I was shipped only one cable after paying for 4 cables.
The biggest mystery was that my invoice said I was shipped 4 cables.... he tells me someone will contact me to straighten everything out.

The next day the President of Sennheiser USA emails me and say we are sorry bla bl bla and we will ship the missing cables to you via priority mail in the morning.

Two weeks later still no cables so I sent another email.
No reply after two days so I sent another email.
I waited another couple of day ... still no reply.
I ended up phoning them again...this time I talked directly to this President dude who assures me that he will PERSONALLY dispatch these missing cables to me via overnight freight.
The catch is he never said when.

4 days later I got a box via UPS overnight.
Awesome, I finally got my cables right?
Didn't end there cause
They sent me 4 cables instead of 3 and I ended up sending one of them back.
Come to think of it they never did reimburse me for returning that extra cable.....


Ooooops sorry to run on like that but.,....
 
you're a better man than I am, because I would have kept the extra after all that.
 
My stuff arrived with no issues, but it did take a while (at least two weeks from the time I ordered it).
 
Mister X said:
I would buy them from Headroom.
After shipping they end up being comparable priced but past experience with Sennheiser USA tells me that you never know what you are gonna get from them.


Take the time I ordered 4 HD650 cables
The initial package took 2 months to arrive.
Catch is they only sent me one of the four cables I ordered.

I sent them an email and notified them that there appeared to be an error.
I patiently waited two days and when I did not receive a reply to my inquiry I sent them another Email.
After waiting a week or so for a reply that never came I figured it was time to call them.
The person I talked to said the cables had been back ordered for months and that was the reason for the delay.... K.
He had no explanation as to why I was shipped only one cable after paying for 4 cables.
The biggest mystery was that my invoice said I was shipped 4 cables.... he tells me someone will contact me to straighten everything out.

The next day the President of Sennheiser USA emails me and say we are sorry bla bl bla and we will ship the missing cables to you via priority mail in the morning.

Two weeks later still no cables so I sent another email.
No reply after two days so I sent another email.
I waited another couple of day ... still no reply.
I ended up phoning them again...this time I talked directly to this President dude who assures me that he will PERSONALLY dispatch these missing cables to me via overnight freight.
The catch is he never said when.

4 days later I got a box via UPS overnight.
Awesome, I finally got my cables right?
Didn't end there cause
They sent me 4 cables instead of 3 and I ended up sending one of them back.
Come to think of it they never did reimburse me for returning that extra cable.....


Ooooops sorry to run on like that but.,....
Thanks for the advice MisterX. It took four months for Sennheiser to send me a new headband for my HD600s , they had to order it from Ireland. I am going to order the new cups from headroom. Thanks! BTW, your amp is still kicking ass! Actually , I am thinking about replacement cables, what would you recommend? Maybe I might start a new thread.
 
Back
Top