• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacing certain characters within a Oracle table

FromTheLou

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
1,118
In the past I've used a simple statement like the following to update data in a table.

Code:
update S_Header set template_name = 'Default.template' where template_name like 'Version3.template'

This replaces any instance of Version3.template with Default.template

Now the problem/question I have, is that I would like to replace only part of data, preferably with a wild card.

Such as this.

Code:
update S_Header set template_name = '*Default*' where template_name like '*Version*'

Are wild cards possible when using the update query? If not is there an alternative?
 
Back
Top