Replacement top for Rocketfish case?

I messed mine up trying to cut it for a mod.

Are any Lian-Li factory tops compatible? I'd hate to waste this case.

how bad is the cut? pics please...

The cut was okay, but the holes didn't line up with my radiator or radgrill. I cut pretty exact with the stencil provided with the radgrill, but it didn't work out too well.

I'll try to get some pictures.

when these guys hit there was the huge thread in hot deals discussion about what was being done to the cases. I am pretty sure someone bought a lian li top that didn't fit even though other pieces from the same model case did.

I would email lian-li directly. Thats what i did when i accidentally dremeled through the cables off the usb top piece. Chances are they can point you to the right replacement.

if it helps i contacted lian li about the front bezel that got messed up during modding and they are having me take a pic of the front so they can match it up.

i would contact their support directly.

:(

how bad did you chop it? i have an extra rocketfish i'm not using if the top you have is still usable at least i can swap you

Equivalent to PC-A71.

Top replacement candidates...

T-71B
T-713B

I don't know of any blank ones though, unfortunately. I'd do your research to verify this is totally correct.

i remember reading the lian li thread in hot deals discussion that someone bought a lian li top that didn't fit... i can't confirm if it was one of those but i definitely remember that being an issue.

The top panels do not fit as others have pointed out. Unfortunately, you'll have to make do with what you've got and live with it. :( (This is one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to start working on my own as well.) Unless you can see if anyone wants to sell there's off these forums in the event that, for some odd reason, they completely replaced the top panel with something else entirely. Another thought may be to see if there are any shops around your area that deal with cutting metal and see if there is any way to fix it or improvise. Best of luck!

i know this might not be ideal but here's an idea. whatever you messed up, cut that entire part out. then use some scrap aluminum to cover it up and bolt it right on your top panel. just something to conceal the bad cuts.

i know PPCS sells aluminum panels for modders here
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=314&products_id=22050

but what i would also do is call up performance-pcs and ask if they have some scrap aluminum that they can sell you for cheap. i know they're cutting up lian-li cases night and day so im sure they'd have something that would match in color, material, and hopefully size.

if you do go this route, one thing i'd make sure of is to cut and drill holes on the aluminum scrap first to make sure it fits, and then finally bolt it to the case.

hope that helps (maybe).

I ended up just expanding the holes until I got the parts to line up. It's not ideal, but it's pretty snug once everything's installed.

Back