• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacement PS for Dell Dimension 4700C (SFF)?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
1,458
Hey guys,

Little late in the game posting this for my buddy, but here it goes. He has a Dell Dimension 4700C desktop, which is a small form factor. I've done the research on the power supply (Model # PS-5161-7ds2, 160W) and it looks like that power supply has a pretty unique shape when it comes to the desktop. He's been having ongoing PS issues (I believe) and basically the desktop will sit there with a yellow light and never turn on. Happened after a storm when his house lost power, and Dell has been dropping the ball when it came to shipping him additional power supplies, canceling the orders and such.

Are there any PS's out there that I can use as a replacement to the dell one that would fit? Or am I basically limited to ordering another replacement on eBay?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top