Replacement motherboard

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so about a year ago, some orange soda got spilled on my computer on the back of it while it was running, so it only got on the motherboard (i think and hope). I turned it off right away and tried to clean it up the best I could. The system wouldn't boot. Just shows the windows screen loading screen (xp) and then the system restarts. This happens again and again. So i finally bought a replacement motherboard, the same motherboard, an asus p5n-d. i'm hoping that I can just pop it in and hook up everything to it and it'll magically work. Any thoughts on this?

If all that was truly fried was the mb and the replacement is the same, I can't see why it wouldn't work. You said this has been dead for a year - have you had a chance to troubleshoot any of the parts with known working parts to see if it really was just the mb?

well i pulled a bunch of stuff from the hard drives so I know those work. I also have replacement ram so I can use that if the old ram doesn't work

That would be awesome. I haven't gone this long without a decent computer for a really long time. I've been using this POS vista laptop for the last year. We have pretty fast windows 7 machines at work wihch is nice.

That would be awesome. I haven't gone this long without a decent computer for a really long time. I've been using this POS vista laptop for the last year. We have pretty fast windows 7 machines at work wihch is nice.

if all the hardware is the same as it was (well, basically the OS on the hdd, memory and the other stuff doesn't matter) it should just be plug and play since it is the exact same board...

good luck...

Back