Replacement motherboard screws/standoffs

CRXican

[H]ard|Gawd
I take special care not to lose important parts but for the life of me I cannot find the bag of screws that came with my Coolermaster Centurion 5 case.

I went through hell last night trying to mount a motherboard with other screws I thought might work. What a mistake. The motherboard is mounted now but with half the "required" screws. In addition I have stripped a number of the stanoff threads so they will not accept screws.

Does anyone have experience with obtaining replacement standoffs and motherboard mounting screws?

ReDgUaRd008

Limp Gawd
I would contact Coolermaster to see if they will send you some. When i brought my Antec Case i couldnt find the screws bag and contacted Antec. Got a new bag 1 day later.

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
A while ago I bought some stuff from cyberguys.com. You can look here and buy individual screws/standoffs or whatever, but I went with one of their assortment packs with neat-o case, like the one here.

Good luck.

CRXican

[H]ard|Gawd
thanks

Another question. Why can't they (coolermaster) specify which screw matches with the standoffs? It's kind of a guessing game if you ask me.

What do you guys use to match with the brass standoffs?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Any 6-32 threaded screw will fit into a motherboard standoff.

I'd contact the case maker, as these brass standoffs arn't ALWAYS standard... I've seen a few companies use ones of different heights.