Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Hey guys, I am replacing the motherboard for my e6420. And last time I did this the heatsink fasteners broke. I found a replacement for them for like $5, but I can't find it again. Anyone have a link for me, or an alternative?
Are you using the stock heatsink that came with the e6420 or something different? If it's one of these stock coolers that uses the black plastic plungers with the white plastic ears, I hate them. I find them so difficult to line up and install. I had one that bent an ear over flat instead of going through the mounting hole, scrapping the cooler. Since each are on a plastic leg that feeds through a metal x-frame, it's possible that you could take the legs out and replace them with bolts, as long as your careful, both with how tight you go and with what they come in contact with.
Although, some of the newer ones have ditched the metal base plate and gone all plastic with the retention mechanism. If that's what you have and one of those broke off, it's probably scrap unless you get super-creative.
My heatsink is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. I definitely got replacements a year and a half ago for like $5 shipped. It was off of intel's website i think. Only thing is, I can't find them again. So they are replaceable, but it's difficult to find where they are sold.