Replacement for Swans m20-l

citizen

Weaksauce
I've had these speakers for quite a while now and have grown quite fond of the clarity, accuracy and imaging on them, although i wouldn't mind a bit more bass. I do most my listening at 3-6ft and they see a mix of about 50% movies/tv, 30% music and 20 %gaming. I am contemplating switching to a 5.1 system for the movie and gaming benefits though. I would like to spend no more than $500 on whatever i decide to go with.

I wouldn't mind staying with some swans but i can't mind anything other then the m200s or their ht stuff for sale.

I guess the question is, how much more bass do you want? If you just want a touch more, a pair of bookshelf speakers on a receiver would do the trick, as most contain 5 1/4 inch woofers (how good the bass is depends on models, of course). If you're looking for a lot of bass, you might want to consider getting a pair of bookshelf speakers, a surround receiver (for easy output to the sub via one cable), and a subwoofer. It'd be a struggle to keep in your budget on the second option, but it'd solve your problem.

I just didn't feel the swans extended low enough for my liking. If i could get something with a larger sub i think that would solve the problem.

Back