replacement for mx610

Autochthon

Limp Gawd
I've dreaded the moment but after 8 years or so of continuous use my venerable Logitech mx610 is starting fail. I went out today a tried out some potential replacements but wasn't really sold on any.

I lean towards logitech as I like the feel of their right hand biased mouse. I initially thought I'd be going for a Performance MX but the overall shape (higher back than 610) made it awkward; I couldn't rest my wrist on the desk and easily use it and I hated the lack of tactile feedback of the scroll right/left.

I couldn't get a good test on a G700 from what little I did - the overall shape seemed a slight improvement over the MX performance but the non-primary buttons felt mushy. I couldn't get any sense of tactile feedback.

I generally liked the feel of the M705 - The scroll wheel had much more positive right/left scroll tactile feedback than the MX. Downside - It seemed a little small and lacked the button count I'm used to.

Another point, I still have an 10 year old 3button wired logitech that is in use and this MX610 has been used nearly daily for 8 years sometimes heavy use, from reading around it sounds like the general quality of these products might not be what it used to be. Not too eager to spend 80 dollars on something that lasts a year or two.

So what you all think - any wireless options out there that will fill the shoes of my mx610?

Thank as always

I just bought a G700s this month and absolutely love it. I was mouse bouncing a bit over the last few years and am finally happy with what I landed on. I was thinking of posting a detailed review on this forum just to give people an idea of the mouse.

I just bought a G700s this month and absolutely love it. I was mouse bouncing a bit over the last few years and am finally happy with what I landed on. I was thinking of posting a detailed review on this forum just to give people an idea of the mouse.

How is the weight compared to say an mx510?

I got G400 from Best Buy for $20 and its treated me well. Is there any noticeable difference in wireless generally?

I ended up trying a g700s, my desk makes wired mouse impractical or I might well have gone the g400 or equivalent route. The sensitivity is improved over the mx610. The overall shape and button layout is good. The software has worked fine. My big concern is that the change in angle from the added height and the increased weight will induce strain in my forearm. It is considerably heavier than other mice I've used. I wouldn't have thought I would care about the DPI choices but I find they are handy, especially considering the weight of this thing.

i am now considering the G700s since i cant get the G500s on amazon for a good price, but i love the weights of the G500 series, how heavy is the G700s, as i prefer some mice with some weight to them.... i hate lite mice.

Back