Replacement for IP35-E

Acceptable_Risk

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got an Abit IP35-E that crapped out on me. I was kind of expecting to get some new hardware later this year but I'm not quite ready to go whole hog just yet. So I'm looking for a replacement motherboard to hold me over for a while.

I've got a E4400 Allendale and four sticks of 800 MHz Ballistix; overclocked but not too aggressively. I'm not worried about SLI/Crossfire.

It's been over two years since I've looked into hardware much so I'm a little confused by all the options. Can anybody recommend a decent, inexpensive board to get me by?

I'd prefer to keep it under $100, if possible. I'm not looking for anything fancy.

The chipset doesn't make any real difference to me. If there are better options than P35, I'm happy to go for it.

I just got the Asus P5QL/EPU last week and put into a machine that I'm setting up for a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine with a Q6600 and its working well, same price as the Gigabyte with the MIR. I was considering that very same Gigabyte, its a little nicer with a P45 vs P43 chipset and little better onboard sound but since this was for a server it didn't matter.

The only difference between the P45 and P43 is support for Crossfire which doesn't matter for either board since they only have one PCIe x16 slot anyway.

Either one will work fine for you.

P5QL/EPU doesn't overclock as good as my old Abit IP35-E.

Can't get past 2.8Ghz , on Abit IP35-E I got 3.4Ghz

P5QL/EPU doesn't overclock as good as my old Abit IP35-E.

Can't get past 2.8Ghz , on Abit IP35-E I got 3.4Ghz

This is a consideration but the OP wasn't looking to overclock much and neither was I.

Back