replacement fans for 3com switch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

Hi, I have this twin turbo boeng 747 switch.
The switch is a 3com SS2, I dunno the model number, too lazy to turn it around(it is in use).

The fans are so friggin' loud. I can hear it thru the floor and over my xbox when it is quiet.

Does it need the fans? It has 3 in it, I do not put it under strenous load often.

I would like to replace the fans in the switch. I have opened it up b4 to look at the fans, but, I am worried about replacing them with something and then it is not enough to cool the switch...

Anyone know of a good QUIET solution? The drone from it, it is like a 60mm tornado...make it stop...

your SS2 only has 3 mine has 6. and yes its like an airport. If this is for a business i would just replace the switch with something better. like an Hp procurve 2321. home use. not sure how much cooling it needs. maybe you can replace them with quiter fans? i myself am going to look to puckup a nice hp switch to replace mine at home.

My SSII had 2 x 60mm's in the side.
I opened it up and unplugged one of them. In my A/C'd apartment it's been fine

I am tihnking maybe the fans are shot, this is an old switch.

The switch is for at home.

I like the 3com, I have killed 2 dlinks already, and the dlinks sucks for file transfers.

All of my ports are manually configured for 100 fd, all my nics in all machines are 100fd, it is 2-3x faster on the 3com switch then the POS dlink that is shot.

Back