• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacement Fan for Golden Orb

wolfsburged

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
446
I have a Golden Orb CPU cooler which I've modded onto a videocard. The fan on it has gotten a bad bearing or something and is making a racket. I cannot find just a replacement fan for it. I don't feel like buying an entire Orb just to replace the fan. It is thermally epoxied on, so its a pain to switch coolers and its working fine, aside from the noisy fan.

I bought a generic 45mm bury frame fan:
http://www.directron.com/ec4510m12sb.html

but this is about half as tall, and it looks a lot whimpier than the original. I don't want to risk screwing up the cooling...

Any ideas?
 
buy another Golden Orb and replace the fan. :D It is the safest way to do this....
 
Please contact our parts department at (800) 988-1088 ext 108 from 9am-5:30pm PST Mon-Fri regarding the price and availability of your part.
 
Back
Top