Replacement cooling for 9800 pro

kenham40

Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
943
I recently upgraded to a x850xt and I gave my radeon 9800 pro 256mb ddr2 to my buddy. The cooling fan on it is getting worn out and is very noisy. I was wondering the best solution for him to replace it. Quietness would be best, but still cost effective. Thanks in advance!
 
Would a Zalman cooler fit on there? The problem is that there is not enough ram heatsink that come with it. The 9800 DDR2 cards have 16 chips and I think the kit comes with only 8. I had one of those cards, I was really mad that I couldn't mod it to an XT and it overclocked for shit. I flashed it to a FireGL but it didn't do me any good so I flashed it back.
 
PM me if you want a VGA silencer from Arctic Cooling for it. I'll let you have it cheap. Worked fine on my 9800 Pro for about a year prior to upgrade.
 
Back
Top