Replacement cooler for 4770?

brennok

[H]ard|Gawd
My PC wouldn't boot when I got home tonight and upon opening it up I noticed the Intel CPU cooler isn't sitting tight on the motherboard. It wobbles some and looks like one of the plastic legs isn't locking down. I am hoping this is all it is since I have been putting off building for a while. As a result I need a cheap replacement I can get either from Best Buy in store or from Amazon Prime.

I don't really game much anymore and I am not currently overclocking. I just need a decent cooler to replace the stock Intel one with for now. I would rather stay pretty cheap in case it turns out to be something else. I have had issues with my Asus board in the past so it could also just be the board and I happened to notice the fan.

Case is a CM Storm Trooper so good amount of room.

Cm hyper 212 is a solid replacement and is available pretty much anywhere. Just make sure it will fit your case. Its taller than the stock cooler.

Thanks. It is tough to do much research on my phone. It looks like BB is out, but Amazon should have it to me by Friday. Hopefully this solves my issue. If not it is probably either the PSU or MB.

Real bummer having only computer go down. Luckily I have an old one setting in closet just in case of something like this happening. Good luck! Let us know if we can help.

Unfortunately this only solved the problem temporarily. It boots but randomly rebooted last night while I was asleep. Now it is just booting and shutting off before posting.

I was able to get into the bios one time and just reset to optimized defaults. It posted but then shortly after getting into Windows 10, I received a WHEA uncorrectable error BSOD. Upon reboot it won't post again.

I am ready to just dump it and build a new one. I figure I will pull the video card and try integrated. Then try swapping Ram slots if that fails.

Back