• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacement AD-700 head pads

Crash250f

Gawd
Joined
Nov 9, 2007
Messages
640
I need 2 new pads for my AD-700. They are those pads at the end of those 2 arms that rest on the top of your head.

Soon after I got the headset I managed to sit on it accidentally, and break 1 off. I've lived with it for 2+ years by just putting the pad back on, even though its not really held on by anything, and falls off whenever I take the headphones off. Well, we recently got a new dog, and I've had to pull the headphones away from it on a few occasions. A few days ago, I sat down at my desk and picked up my headphones to find that the pad that had still been attached, was now missing. I can't find it anywhere but I have a pretty good idea of what happened to it. And before anyone says it, I know I can't leave the headphones in reach of the dog, but I couldn't break the habit fast enough.

Well, point being, I can't live with 1 loosely attached pad, and the plastic that held the other pad on digging into my skull. I've tried googling for replacements, but can't find much. Should l contact audio-technica? Any other resources available? Thanks.
 
I'm not having any luck either. For actual replacements, AT should be able to direct you to the right place. Otherwise, you may want to consider getting some soft foam and making your own until you and your dog can reach an understanding. A block of workout mat or the like shouldn't run more than a few dollars.
 
I've considered rigging something myself but it would really be the last option, and would just be a temporary solution until I can get new headphones, since nothing I can do would be nearly as comfortable as what it originally was.

Anyways, I'm trying to get it done through Audio-Technica, but their website isn't that helpful. The Service Center section of their website is labeled "For parts and repair" but there is nothing about parts mentioned in it...not even an email. I did find some generic form somewhere else to submit with my question, so maybe that will result in something helpful.
 
Sorry dude...I googled around for you, but couldn't find anything. A few layers of medical tape, mayhaps?
 
Well, I got a response to that form I filled out on the audio-technica website:

I can mail the plastic parts and the pads at no charge. Address??

I sent my info, and if I end up getting 2 new pads for free, it will probably be my top customer support experience to date.
 
Let us know how that goes.

Sounds like customer satisfaction is one of their priorities... So rare nowadays!
 
I know it's been awhile...been busy with the holidays...but it's been bothering me that I haven't give them credit yet.

I received the whole head rest assembly (both sides) from Audio-Technica, completely free of charge, less than a week after they said they would send it...which was about 15 minutes after I submitted the form asking about it. The parts were relatively cheaply made for such good headphones, but if they are willing to replace them like that, I still have nothing but good things to say about them. A+ customer service.
 
Back
Top