Replacement 2405 processing time?

MaX800XT

n00b
Those of you who've had replacement 2405's sent out to you, how long did it take for you to receive the replacement after you spoke with Dell? I requested a replacement this past Monday, 10-3-05. They're telling me it can take up to 5 business days to generate a tracking number..

When i had a problem, I called, reported it, they said a replacement would be sent, the next morning it arrived at my door. I've returned 2 of them and got the same delivery everytime.

You guys must be special getting it next day.
I called Monday and had replacement on Friday. The shipping was overnighted but the so called "dispatch" took about 3 days before it appeared as order in my account.

Dell said they'd give me overnight shipping. I find it hard to believe Dell, of all companies, would get something to your door the following day. That's unbelievably fast processing for Dell.

I requested two replacements while Dell had them in stock. I got overnight on both.

They overnight them, but sometimes due to supply issues it can take a couple days before they have them available to actually send.

My RMA turnaround time was something like I got the replacement 5 "real" days (including Sat+Sun) after I called for it.

I've received a call from a Dell rep each day keeping me updated. I'm pretty impressed. Problem is they're currently out of stock of the 2405. They said they've upgraded my shipping to next day so I can have it as soon as they get them back in. It helps that they let you keep using the current one until the replacement arrives.

Back