Replaced GPU and PSU the same day, now PC shuts off when gaming

Gatecrasher3

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I replaced my old gpu and psu at the same time today. I put a 580gtx and a corsair 1050w psu in and now when gaming my pc shuts off after about ten minutes of skyrim. It does not crash, it straight up shuts off and does not restart. I don't know if it’s my new gpu or my new psu. The 1050w power supply is more than enough for my rig, but it is acting like it’s not... and if the 580 was the problem then I would crash to BSoD or lock up, no?
Any ideas?

Have you checked your various temps? Perhaps CPU is getting too hot and triggering auto-shutoff?

Will it shut off during other games?

See if it shuts off running Furmark.

If your old psu is atleast 550w I would try it with the 580gtx and see if you have the same results. It may also be worth trying your previous graphics card with the 1050w psu. Let us know what happens.

See if it shuts off running Furmark.

I tried that, it did shut off...

If your old psu is atleast 550w I would try it with the 580gtx and see if you have the same results. It may also be worth trying your previous graphics card with the 1050w psu. Let us know what happens.
I tried to boot with my 600w corsair cx psu, and it was not enough power, my pc would fail to even post.

Do you have a multimeter? or any software program to monitor the voltages?

Do you have any molex -> pcie power connectors? Connect one of them and see if it still crashes.
It sure seems like a power supply issue. There are defective power supplies. You may have to RMA it.

Use a multimeter to measure the voltage on the 12v rails.

Connect the 600w unit to the video card and Short the green wire to a black on the power connector for the 600w psu with the rest of your system plugged into the 1050w unit.
Effectively, the 600w unit will only have to power the GTX 680.

Do you have a multimeter? or any software program to monitor the voltages?

Do you have any molex -> pcie power connectors? Connect one of them and see if it still crashes.
It sure seems like a power supply issue. There are defective power supplies. You may have to RMA it.

Use a multimeter to measure the voltage on the 12v rails.

Connect the 600w unit to the video card and Short the green wire to a black on the power connector for the 600w psu with the rest of your system plugged into the 1050w unit.
Effectively, the 600w unit will only have to power the GTX 680.

errr no I did not try that...

Back