Replaced Drive in FreeNas Volume, Still shows "Degraded"

wicked_chicken

Limp Gawd
I recently had a replace a failing drive in my freenas ZFS array. Everything went well, and the new drive is re-silvered and working, but I have a device labelled "Replacing-3" listed in the volume status that shows as degraded, and my only option is "Replace" in the GUI. Everything else, including the new drive, shows "Online".

How do I get that non-existant device out of my volume? I scrubbed it last night with zero errors.

Added a picture for clarification. These two entries are whats throwing me off. Any idea how to remove them from the volume? They are no longer plugged in.

A reboot should remove them.

If you want to remove them while the system is online, you would have to remove it's association from the freebsd base system. I don't have enough freebsd expereince to advise on how to do that though.

System has been scrubbed, rebooted, and as of tonight, upgraded with no effect. My only option in freenas is to replace.

you might need to use the command line to remove the old drive

something like zpool (ppolname) remove (drive)

might not be exactly like that

I tried zpool offline and zpool detach from the Shell. Freenas reports that there is no such device in the pool, yet it still appears there, and it's status is degrading the whole volume.

Well, to be honest I'm not sure. I typed it in and got a "forgot pool" error in the shell. So I zpool status'd to get the device names and viola, they were gone.

I'm thinking maybe, somehow, the scrub didn't complete after resilvering, because I left it scrubbing last night and didn't think about it.

Either way, it cleared itself up.

YAY!

Thanks gents

Back