Replaced CD burner with DVD burner, now windowws and Nero say no burner installed???

Davenow

Gawd
I replaced my ASUS 32x CD burner, with a Lite-On 8X DVD+/- drive, now Nero doesnt see it, and Windows doesnt give me the option of burning CD's dvdXcopy works fine.

Any ideas??? Oh, also, under My Computer, they both list as CdRom drives.

What version of Windows, what version of Nero?

Simply put, you probably don't have the correct drivers for the drives for Windows or Nero.

The same thing happened when I installed my dvd burner, nero didn't show it as a burner. I was fortunate however, my burner came with a newer version of nero, so I installed it. It works just fine now.

I would suggest you remove both devices from the device manager reboot and let windows detect your new drive.

Are you using the most recent drivers for it?

Chances are your current version of Nero does not recognize your new drive. If it was a drive-specific branded version of Nero, you may be out of luck. If it was Nero 5, a lot of newer drives are not recognized in this older version. Upgrade to Nero 5.5 or Nero 6.

Its WIndows XP Pro, and Nero 5.52
I am going to re-instal nero and redo the drives in device manager and see what that does...

Originally posted by EvilTwig
Chances are your current version of Nero does not recognize your new drive. If it was a drive-specific branded version of Nero, you may be out of luck. If it was Nero 5, a lot of newer drives are not recognized in this older version. Upgrade to Nero 5.5 or Nero 6.

Exactly. You can upgrade your drive specific version of Nero to the full retail one for cheap at their website. You DON'T need any drivers for optical drives, either in Nero or in Windows. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise ;)

Originally posted by TechHead
Exactly. You can upgrade your drive specific version of Nero to the full retail one for cheap at their website. You DON'T need any drivers for optical drives, either in Nero or in Windows. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise ;)

as I said, I have nero 5.914 (thought it was 5.5)

Yeah, but the latest version is 5.5.10.54. Download it from the Nero website and try. You have the comparatively older 5.5.9.14.

Back