Replace tubing how often?

SlvrDragon50

Limp Gawd
How often should I replace my tubing? I'm coming up on about 8 months now I believe.

I've flushed my loop out several times since I've moved a few times, but I think it might be about time to do the tubing as well?

if you dont have any issues with the tubing, than no need to replace it.. Im on a couple years with my current tubing.. It gets hazy but i can take it apart and run a metal rod through it with a piece of scotchbright tied to the end.. this cleans them very good.

as long as it isn't getting crispy...every few years, though getting longer as the plasticiser free tubings are coming on the scene now

My tubing gets a little hazy. I'm using the Primochill Advanced LRT. Unless the tubing cracks, I doubt you would need to replace it. I know a few water cooled systems that never replaced the tubing but had to replace the o-rings on their fittings. I know my system running for about a year, I had to replace the o-ring on my d5 pump.

I'm never going to outright replace all my tubing as a preventative maint. but I do replace sections of tube that have been attached to a barb or other fitting. The barbs damage the inner surface of the tubing so there's a small chance of leaks if its reused.

Back