Replace monitors or stick with Eyefinity

veedubfreak

2[H]4U
Ok, here's where I'm at. A lot of this depends on if the new AMD cards get their eyefinity + xfire issues worked out when the new cards come out.

But, I currently have a Dell 3007, Dell u3011 and an HP LP3065 monitor with triple stand. Eyefinity works, but has issues with crossfire which is basically needed to run this resolution. Nvidia surround simply does not work at all because the monitors are not identical.

My question is, do I stick with the Red team and hope they get their shit together with the drivers, or sell off my current monitors and craigslist some u3014s or possible drop down to 27" ips monitors. I have already tried to switch over to 27" 1080p monitors and that just doesn't fly.

In my opinion they'll have the crossfire worked out by the release of the new series, which is sometime soon. If not then, then soon after. I think they have a lot of incentive to have that ready by the release of the 9xxx series.

I'm in a similar situation. I run 7680x1600 and I use xfire 7970's. Since I'm invested, I'm waiting. I say give it a wait. If they fix eyefinity + fire like they did xfire for single display, it will be a glorious day indeed.

I was using Eyefinity and Surround for a while but a few months ago i just sort of got fed up with it and went back to a single 2560 screen. It's nice not having to worry about fucking around a lot just to some games working correctly across the 3 displays, that and it makes using the desktop more pleasant.

Ok, here's where I'm at. A lot of this depends on if the new AMD cards get their eyefinity + xfire issues worked out when the new cards come out.

But, I currently have a Dell 3007, Dell u3011 and an HP LP3065 monitor with triple stand. Eyefinity works, but has issues with crossfire which is basically needed to run this resolution. Nvidia surround simply does not work at all because the monitors are not identical.

My question is, do I stick with the Red team and hope they get their shit together with the drivers, or sell off my current monitors and craigslist some u3014s or possible drop down to 27" ips monitors. I have already tried to switch over to 27" 1080p monitors and that just doesn't fly.

Keep hoping, xfire has more problems then surround in three monitor setups, some of which AMD won't even acknowledge as problems right now. Thankfully Ryan is doing some legwork on this so their shit can't be kept hidden.

That doesn't help you as you're running mixed displays, so either suck it up with xfire problems, get a single beast or go surround and replace those panels with triplets.

Back