• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replace 2.4C with 3.0/3.2C, worth it?

BillLeeLee

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
13,486
Well, I've decided to revert everything back to stock clock, plus I just agreed to sell my Mushkin Level II 1 gig to a forum member because I'm going for 2 gigs of Crucial memory.

I was running the 2.4 @ 3.0 previously, but I felt that I wasn't taking full advantage of the RAM, so that's why I decided to sell it to someone who probably would, or they just wanted it.

Anyways, I'm thinking of selling the 2.4C and perhaps buying a faster stock clocked processor, either a 3.0C or a 3.2C. Would it be worth it? They're not that expensive now, and this stock CPU/RAM would cost basically the same as my 1 gig RAM/CPU cost me last year, so it's not like I'm losing much, maybe $40 - 50.

Any thoughts?

And remember, I hate Prescotts. :)

Abit IC7-G user too.
 
Yeah, you're right. I think I should lay off on upgrades for the time being. ;)

Then a few years down the line, hopefully my dual cores will be out, then time for bingeing, just in time for work and grad school!
 
I think prescotts will be sweet in the near future, right now tho, i wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole
 
Go A64 if you really want to get your money's worth otherwise stay with current setup until there is a game requiring you to upgrade!
 
my 3.0c rocks wish I had a water setup. The box is marked sl6wk pack date 3/8/04
I have the worst luck and knowing me my box would be hosed after a week of it runing well and then flood downstairs. Then the water pump catches on fire and burns down my room but only my room. That's how my life has been the past couple of years.
 
Back
Top