• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Repinning an HDD LED connector...?

TxdoHawk

n00b
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
20
Hi guys. I am in the middle of choosing parts for a new build and I have ran into a problem. I want to get the Rosewill R5604 case (which has a 3-pin HDD LED connector) and the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (which only uses 2 pins for the HDD LED.) Anyway I saw a review of the case that mentioned this:

Had to repin the HDD LED pin to get it to work with my motherboard

How would I go about doing this? Is it difficult?
 
Is it a 3-pin connector with only two wires? If so, is the empty space in the middle? If it is, take a pair of wirecutters and just snip the connector between the two working pins. That should split the connector so you can plug each wire in individually. You can also trim off the excess plastic to make it easier to fit.
 
Is it a 3-pin connector with only two wires? If so, is the empty space in the middle? If it is, take a pair of wirecutters and just snip the connector between the two working pins. That should split the connector so you can plug each wire in individually. You can also trim off the excess plastic to make it easier to fit.
I agree here, or you could find a spare 2 connector plug off an old HD LED or Power LED cable from and old case and remove the terminals from the 3 pin into the 2 pin housing. the polarity dont matter so dont worry about hooking them up wrong. ust scrap off any label/marking so you dont confuse it for a HD LED plug :)

This is one area I really think needs some specifications for, maybe a single plug for all the front connectors.

I have seen MBs that have both the 3 pin and 2 pin connectors, I have also seen Cases that had both connectors. I dont know why theres 2 differant connectors only it is a pain when the MB and Case dont agree with each other.
 
Back
Top