• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

repeated BSOD after setting up a UPS

SBSuperfly

Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
865
I recently bought and set up an APC Back-UPS Pro 1300. Everything seemed to be working fine until I try to game. After only a few minutes of gaming, i get the BSOD. My system has been very stable for years:

i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
6GB ram
700w PSU
Nvidia gtx 660ti


I've had very very few unexpected shutdowns since I built this computer in 2009. Is it even possible for a UPS to cause this or did I knock something loose? Maybe the software that came with the UPS (PowerChute Personal Edition)?
 
What kind of PSU do you have?

Could be a stepped Sine wave with Active PFC PSU issue.
 
I would try plugging the PC into the wall receptacle and see if the BSOD goes away.
 
My PSU is a Coolermaster SilentPro 700w

I tried a few different things. I updated my GPU drivers, but still got a BSOD. I went to APC's website and downloaded the very latest version of PowerChute and reinstalled it. Then I tried a different game (Firefall) and didn't get a BSOD. I had been trying Guild Wars 2 and getting a BSOD every time. The difference being GW2 is on a SSD and Firefall is not. Since I thought it might be my SSD, I decided to reboot with a full shutdown rather that a restart. I played GW2 on my SSD without issue for the last hour or so. I'm hoping the problem is fully resolved. I'm not sure what caused the initial BSOD, but I'm fairly confident the subsequent BSODs were due to my SSD not shutting down properly.
 
Back
Top