Repairing an LCD (Sony SDM-HS93)

Sanfam

Limp Gawd
So I got my hands on a freebie 19" LCD. It's a beautiful display...nearly perfect in every way...or at least it would be if it worked. It was going to be tossed, but the issue seems to be one of either two modules: The video controller or the power supply. the LCD itself is perfect.

Here's how it stands: Upon plugging it in, the power LED turns on and stays on. I have occasionally seen the backlight flicker on for a fraction of a second, but that's it. To me, this would indicate insufficient power to the controller board. A quick glance over these components revealed no glaring problems that my untrained eye could not see. No white spots on the ICs, no escape path for the magical blue smoke. Everything is nice and clean. And sadly, I cannot find my multimeter anywhere. It's just gone, probably hiding out in my permanent rochester home. So of course, I attempted to test if it was a bad fuse (couldn't remove it due to being soldered on...also lacking a soldering iron right now) by jumping the connectors. No luck. So this means the problem is much more extensive.

Now, the parts I'm trying to pin down aren't particularly clear. It looks like I need to get my hands on a Powernet PWI1904S power supply or equiv' circuitry, which is fairly standard, and the controller board/panel is an LG LHS93K. I can't figure out where to get either of these two components short of the same screen with a broken panel.

So any thoughts would be nice ;) I want to continue my cheapassery and get a shiny LCD going!

I had stumbled over the Powernet website earlier, but by inability to speak the language has made finding details a bit difficult. And as far as I can tell, there is no matching controller board on the earthlcd site. hmm.

any local repair shops for TV's or other such electronics??? They may be a good source to see if they can get the part. Sometimes they have listings that aren't found anywhere else.

Stokes
I have a power board from a sony display with the main power transistor missing.
Can anyone please tell me what the part number is.
Power supply POWERNET PWI1904S.

Back