Renting a powerful cloud PC

Nebell

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been checking out cloud alternatives to a desktop computer. Mainly for gaming, but I'm interested in other stuff.

I came across Shadow.
www.shadow.tech

It seems to offer a pretty powerful cloud PC.
4k with Ray Tracing
Titan RTX equivalent GPU
4ghz 6 core CPU
32gb ram
1TB+ storage
All that for $40/month

Considering a PC like that would cost $3000+, I'm thinking this ain't such a bad deal, especially if they keep upgrading to the latest Titan since I will upgrade every second year to a €1500 GPU.
And it's a full-fledged PC. I can download torrents, edit photos, play games, etc.
The first downside would be lag, but I have a 1gbit up/down connection. The second downside is it's not available in Sweden yet, haha.

I looked at alternatives like GeForce now and Stadia, but GeForce Now is terrible in its free form and it doesn't offer 4k which is a must. And it's not a full PC offering.
Stadia is just a cloud console where you even have to buy your games again.

What other alternatives are out there?
Of course, I'm looking for something that won't limit me if I decide to pirate a movie...

SineDave

Limp Gawd
The display lag without acceleration technologies (Citrix HDX, PCoIP) will be awful. I'm curious how they are solving for this.

Nebell

[H]ard|Gawd
Found some alternatives,for $200-$600/month, lol that's not gonna happen.
I think if Shadow works out the way they advertise, it might be a great alternative, especially considering how much power my high end computer chugs, it probably draws $10/month (but I think it's more), so these $40/month for Shadow PC would turn into <$30/month.
Also, while I always go for the non-Titan top tier GPU, I always pay for it in 24/36 month installments. Just a 2080Ti/3080Ti would cost double per month, the whole computer would cost 4 times.

kju1

2[H]4U
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I don't see how that can be affordable for them. I would also want a decent time to demo it with some 4k gaming to truly see performance.

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I don't see how that can be affordable for them. I would also want a decent time to demo it with some 4k gaming to truly see performance.
lol it's gonna run like ass... just like every other cloud videogame service.