• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Removing Windows XP from Dual Boot config

saiyan23

n00b
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
13
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows XP Pro in Dual Boot. I unfortunately need to sell my HP Mini 311 netbook to pay bills. But the buyer requested that Windows XP be uninstalled and the partiition removed. Can anyone link me to a tutorial on how to do this? Every tutorial I see involves installing it but not removing it. I have an external DVD Drive if that helps. I need help with this ASAP.

Thanks guys!
 
I would think as long as the Win 7 partition is active, that you'd just have to delete the XP partition from within Windows 7. Then you may have to edit the start up in Windows 7 to not show the XP option anymore.
 
If you're going to be selling it, it's probably a good idea to wipe it clean and start with a fresh install.

What Deacon suggests should work; you may need to modify boot.ini and remove the WinXP entry.
 
Yeah, good point. I skipped over that. If it was me, and I was selling it to anyone other than a goo friend or family, I'd want to wipe the drive clean too.
 
Back
Top