Removing smudges from aluminum?

Raxxath

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
491
Is there a way to to remove fingerprint marks from the aluminum interiors on cases like Lian Lis? I marked up my motherboard tray with fingerprints without noticing until it was too late. I tried to remove them with very fine steel wool, but that just made it worse, by removing the finish, I think. I also tried isopropyl alcohol without any luck.

Is the shiny finish gone forever from the parts I used steel wool on? This problem only seems to be on the inside, as the outside, black, anodized aluminum seems to be very resistant to marks of any sort, and even dust.
 
I have never had any problems with NEVR DULL.. Eagle One makes it.. I am a powder coat freak and it is perfectly fine for powder coated surfaces, silver, gold, brass, copper, pewter, glass, steel, aluminum or chrome.. I found it at Auto Zone (if you have any of those near your house).. I have used it on my Lian Li case with very nice results. It will leave a milky residue behind on the area's that you don't wipe down very well. So, just wipe it on and do a decent job wiping it off and VIOLA!


http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1006&cat=5006
 
I have never had any problems with NEVR DULL.. Eagle One makes it.. I am a powder coat freak and it is perfectly fine for powder coated surfaces, silver, gold, brass, copper, pewter, glass, steel, aluminum or chrome.. I found it at Auto Zone (if you have any of those near your house).. I have used it on my Lian Li case with very nice results. It will leave a milky residue behind on the area's that you don't wipe down very well. So, just wipe it on and do a decent job wiping it off and VIOLA!


http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1006&cat=5006

So not only does it polish it, but leaves a oil on it to protect it.

And to the op, that "anodized aluminum" keeps its shine because anodized=fancy word for rust. It's rusted to protect the base metal from oil and stuff. Only difference is that that rust looks nice :D
 
I use a dry lint-free cloth and a little elbow grease, rub the prints away.
 
Sheila Shine all the way. No prep just spray it on wipe it with a clean cloth and you have perfection every time.
 
Back
Top