Removing main power connector.

Le037

Limp Gawd
I just built the rig in my sig. It's the first computer i build. I did it fast not bothering about the cable mess i left behind and just plugged it in to see if it worked. Now I feel like reorganizing but am hesitant to pull the main power connector, it seems pretty tight. Is there something I should press or push to make it come out or should I just pull it hard? I don't wanna break my mobo.

Usually there is a small hook on one side of the connector, even so when it's released they can be in there pretty good and do require a bit of force to remove just make sure if yours does have the little hook to have it released when un plugging it

Here's a pretty crappy picture of such a thing
hx_atx_24pin_hook.jpg

Usually there is a small hook on one side of the connector, even so when it's released they can be in there pretty good and do require a bit of force to remove just make sure if yours does have the little hook to have it released when un plugging it

Here's a pretty crappy picture of such a thing
hx_atx_24pin_hook.jpg

its cheap cast-plastic so they can be a complete pain in the ass sometimes. Computers farr too often for my taste require an amount of force that boarders on the edge of breaking something.

I've only built 2 computers so far, but I've found that a lot of the stuff inside takes considerable force to install/remove.

Generally you can put a fair bit of pressure on connectors and sockets, and they'll be fine. I've never had anything get damaged from pulling/pushing too hard as long as it's in the right direction.

Back