Removing DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
Well Title says it all... I used Itunes before and i don't like it anymore
I am looking for a good program to remove the ituens drm crap so winamp can play the music
Free would be a plus but dont have to be

This is a topic/thread that won't live to see the end of the day, and I'm pretty sure you know it. :)

Your only "legit" solution would be burn the audio files to CD using iTunes and then re-encode them to whatever format you want - the process is going from lossy to lossy so the end result will be some fairly bad sounding files in terms of sound quality. But as the files are protected with encryption, and as any discussion of breaking encryption is truly frowned upon here at this forum (not that it can't be done), the answer for you lies elsewhere...

Well its all legally downloaded music, I am talking over 40,000+ songs. I have tried a few programs, but i guess i have to buy one to get it to work right

Your attempt at rationalizing the decryption won't fly... and you know that too. :D

the process is going from lossy to lossy so the end result will be some fairly bad sounding files in terms of sound quality.

That is ultimately the showstopper for you. You just can't get around this with the files you have. Removing the DRM will make the music sound worse, no matter what program you buy (and no matter how optimistic their advertisements are).

Hm, after a bit of googling, I see that Apple allows you to upgrade all of your iTunes DRM songs to the DRM-free versions for 30 cents per song, the only catch being that you'll need to do them all at once. 40,000 x 30 cents = $12,000 which is... a lot! But then you've already invested $40,000 in your song collection, so maybe that is an option for you.

That is ultimately the showstopper for you. You just can't get around this with the files you have. Removing the DRM will make the music sound worse, no matter what program you buy (and no matter how optimistic their advertisements are).

Hm, after a bit of googling, I see that Apple allows you to upgrade all of your iTunes DRM songs to the DRM-free versions for 30 cents per song, the only catch being that you'll need to do them all at once. 40,000 x 30 cents = $12,000 which is... a lot! But then you've already invested $40,000 in your song collection, so maybe that is an option for you.

Yeah, i have this much music because My Friend and I DJ So I need a great music collection. And lately I like making playlists in Winamp. And it wont play any of the music i've converted with itunes...

Well its all legally downloaded music, I am talking over 40,000+ songs. I have tried a few programs, but i guess i have to buy one to get it to work right
They are no longer legal if you remove the DRM since including it was part of the license when you bought them.

Can you delete them then re-download them again since iTunes now offers DRM free music? I don't know if it still would make you download the old DRM protected music though.

Like hell I would pay .30 a song to listen to a fucking song I already purchased once. RIAA and Apple can kiss my ass. :)

OP, while I understand and sympathize with your situation, discussion of how to remove DRM is not allowed on this forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back