Removing ATI drivers...

BiGG_MiDDLe_LeGG

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
1,144
Folks. I just recently purchased a PNY 6800GT. I used to format my computer each time I got a new video card but now I have so many games installed, it's going to take forever! Is there a cleaner out there that will remove all remnants of the card?

Thanks in advanced!

BML
 
I believe there is a program called Driver Cleaner just for that purpose. Dunno where to dl it though, since I've only used NVidia so far. Maybe google can tell you.
 
I recently switched from ATi to nVidia, and tried using drivercleaner to save myself a reinstall. After going through the process, I found that switching into 3d mode would cause my monitor to show an "out of synch" error, for a resolution and refresh rate that I knew it was capable of. I would have to reinstall the nVidia driver to get it to work, and then it would only work until the next time I rebooted. (One explanation I've heard is that ATi messes with the DDE information, which sounds like something that could cause problems.) In the end, I reformatted anyway.
 
DanK said:
I recently switched from ATi to nVidia, and tried using drivercleaner to save myself a reinstall. After going through the process, I found that switching into 3d mode would cause my monitor to show an "out of synch" error, for a resolution and refresh rate that I knew it was capable of. I would have to reinstall the nVidia driver to get it to work, and then it would only work until the next time I rebooted. (One explanation I've heard is that ATi messes with the DDE information, which sounds like something that could cause problems.) In the end, I reformatted anyway.

That's not what I wanted to hear...

:(
 
Wouldn't the ATI uninstaller do this that can be downloaded off of the website?
 
Back
Top