Removing Arctic Silver Ceramique...

PiSquared

Limp Gawd
What's the best way to remove Arctic Silver Ceramique without too much of a gooey mess?

Rubbing alcohol (91-99%), cheap and it works great..

dr_dirtnap said:
Try some Goof Off (found at Walmart) and some high purity rubbing alcohol.
goo off would leave your cpu orangy fresh! :p ( i think it will leave a residue thats prob hard to get off since it seems to be a oil) :rolleyes:

I was using ethanol until I tried WD40. It is WAY more effective! a tiny spray on a rag and a quick wipe - GONE!

Try it, you'll like it.

Binkt said:
I was using ethanol until I tried WD40. It is WAY more effective! a tiny spray on a rag and a quick wipe - GONE!

Try it, you'll like it.
Arctic Silver said:
Never use any oil or petroleum based cleaners (WD-40, citrus oil based grease removers and many automotive degreasers) on the base of a heatsink. The oil, which is engineered to not evaporate, will fill in the microscopic valleys in the metal and significantly reduce the effectiveness of any subsequently applied thermal compound.
Use alcohol.

ryuji said:
goo off would leave your cpu orangy fresh! :p ( i think it will leave a residue thats prob hard to get off since it seems to be a oil) :rolleyes:
I have used goo gone on every cpu and gpu I have had to clean for the past 6 years.
I use alcohol to clean the cpu afterwards

Back