Remove CRT rear casing

rhy7s

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 13, 2002
Messages
314
I've got a Samsung 765MB that's been sitting idle for a couple of months now because a family member managed to spill milk on top of it while it was sitting under a bench. So, now I've made a little time to disassemble the case to ascertain where the milk has managed to get to, I'm stymied by the tabs at the top of the case. Does anyone with experience in disassembling monitors have a tip on the technique needed to pry this thing apart? The online manuals are no help as all they say is not to remove the cover.
 
I would say to get a professional to do it.. A CRT can still shock the hell out of you, even if it has been unplugged and sitting around for quite some time, if you touch the wrong thing.
 
If it's in the electronics I won't clean it myself, but I'd like to see if it got that far.
 
Maybe the case has some of those internal tabs? Try pushing down where the seam meets while pulling it apart.
 
Yeah, it has the tabs but I just can't seem to get enough purchase on the case to get it past them.
 
Back
Top