Remove 3H AG Coating from 30" Monitors

Phoenixdancer

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
69
hey peeps

Has Anyone tried or seen someone else remove the 3H AG coating from a Large LCD Monitor such as the Dell 3007, 3008 or 3011, Hazro 30"?

I have the Hazro 30" and the AG coating is Very very annoying, makes whites look muddy.

I have seen people remove the Ag coating from smaller monitors but never for the larger ones.

Im going to be trying it first on a 20" sony 205 1600x1200 monitor first because it only cost me £30 from eBay. and it it works out i might do it for my 30" monitor.

Im currently looking for a supply of a thin glass sheet that i could place over the top of my LCD's Polariser after the AG is removed to stop and damage that could be caused to the polariser later due to cleaning and silly children touching it.
 
Don't take the risk. Sell it and use the money for a 27" 1440p display or 2 and sit closer.
 
Hmm ok

I sent hazro uk a message asking if they could make a special order 30" with thr gloss coating.

Will see what they say
 
I've taken off the AG coating from my dell 3007wfp with the water method, but it causes graining on the polarizer. Right now I have taken off the polarizer too and I'm waiting on a sheet of polarizer to do "do it yourself" polarizer replacement.

Edit: I've added two pictures. Sorry for the crappy phone camera, but you get the idea.

IMG_20120410_223651.jpg

Monitor off: No AG coating and No Polarizer.

IMG_20120410_224054.jpg

Monitor on: with a piece of sample polarizer. You can see the pretty woman and [H] :p.
 
Last edited:
Oh so very glossy and beautiful. If only there was a piece of glass or some other covering to protect the polarizer.
 
Oh i see, So if i could source a Polarizer with Gloss Layer ontop i could replace the lot o_O

if you manage to get some can you link me to where you got yours? (as long as it works)
 
Oh so very glossy and beautiful. If only there was a piece of glass or some other covering to protect the polarizer.


I was thinking the same with putting a glass sheet over front plastic panel, but I guess it would reflects the image back and forth leaving a doulble image like because there's a space between the polarizer and glass.

I was also thinking that I could do a glass custom cut to fit right into the screen itself so that the glass is touching the polarizer.
 
Back
Top