removable HD not detected? kinda...

Xenozx

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
2,127
OK I have a 500 GB external USB HD I am trying to use on a laptop with XP pro on it. When I first hooked it up it auto detected drivers and installed them. However Windows XP does not appear to see the drive. I did do some trouble shooting. It does appear in Devices manager under disk drives as USB device. here is a screen cap.

remstorage2.JPG


Unfortuately it doesnt show up in My Computer, and it also doesnt appear to show up under

Control Panel/administrative tools/Storage

remstorage1.JPG


I need to initialize it/format it, and since its not showing up here IM not sure how to proceed. Any ideas?
 
Directions are your friend :(

There was a switch that let you select USB / SATA, it was pushed towards SATA and hence it detected the device but not the drive. Problem resolved. Sorry for the waste of space.
 
Back
Top