• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

removable backup solution for single user?

DrinkinV8

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
486
Hey, I need a backup solution! The data will total around 20GB, so not that much. However I wanna set it to back up every night (preferrably bare metal with discrete extraction possibilities, but not crucial), so that I could just swap disks/tapes/etc. in the morning. The reason being I would like to store the backed-up data in a firesafe, and just swap disks every day, so I always have at least one in the firesafe.

Tom's had a sweet article, but didn't give me a great answer.
http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/20050225/index.html

So basically it looks like the most simple option is the Iomega REV, probably SATA. cost would be ~$400 for the drive and 2 disks. Any other good idea though?

THANK YAS!
 
Back
Top