Remotely resetting a computer

seamorgh

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
19
I've been having problems with Win Xp Pro Remote desktop. When the client connects sometimes the server freezes. I was wondering what is the best way to reset the server?

Is the solution this: http://www.remotepowerswitch.com/ ?

Also is there a way to prevent the freezes from occurring in the first place?
 
What OS is the server? Is it service packed? On server grade hardware? Updated video drivers?

What's running on the host?
 
Server OS: Win XP Pro SP3.
Hardware: MB: gigabyte ep35c-ds3r, graphics card: nvidia 8800gts (Driver : 6.14.11.6906)

What's running: Usually a few large acrobat files are open.

I'm going to update the video drivers now that you mentioned it.
 
Oh a deskop OS. Hmmm..

This on the local network? Or is the host machine far away...and nobody can get to it to reboot it?
 
I had clients use iboot before. Have one sitting around here somewhere.
 
PS tools, telnet into it shutdown -r , or iboot i have used them a few times they work good. but i'd stick with pstools or the telnet way easy any free.
 
Back
Top