Remotely collecting ALL patch information via powershell

Kaitian

Supreme [H]ardness
I've already looked at a program called PoshPAIG which unfortunately this tool does not work for me (due to firewall issues). My powershell knowledge is very very limited and I'm trying to figure out how to remotely extract patch information from thousands of servers. While I can do Get-HotFix -ComputerName (server names) without any problems, it doesn't display .Net or other relevant Microsoft installations that I could specify.

What I'm hoping to do is this:
1. Enable a ps1 script that runs against a file called ServerList.txt which is a list of FQDN.
2. In the script, run parallel sessions that harvests all Windows hotfixes, .net installation, SQL patches, etc and logs them into a Installed.txt file. The patch information should show something like this
Thisismydomain.hardforum.com KB11223344
Thisismydomain.hardforum.com KB55667788
3. Log any error messages where it fails to collect against a server into Error.txt

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm asking for? I don't mind pointers to other sites that may have the specific instructions that I'm trying to look for.

Don't you just want to run the "get-hotfix" applet and collect the output to format the way you require?

Back