remotely accessable passwords?

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
I have previously stored all my passwords in a gmail account. I travel arround a lot and it seems safer than keeping them in a little notepad. Last night I recived a notification from gmail of a suspicious attempt to get into my account. Thinking about my login credentials I thought to put them in a text file and store them in an encrypted archive in a draft email. This was going well until I discovered that gmail prohibits me from doing this. The alternative would be to store them encrypted on my keychain but I much prefer online. What do others do to store login information?

I keep all my passwords in a Keepass file and put that up on Dropbox so it's accessible from anywhere.

would you trust either of these with banking credentials?
Looking on th lastpass site it isn't very clear what you get with free vs premium accounts.
It does look like it could suit my needs. Can I make most sites autocomplete and sites involving money require a password?

No that phones can do online banking, wallet and contactless payment I'm getting more concerned about security

would you trust either of these with banking credentials?
Looking on th lastpass site it isn't very clear what you get with free vs premium accounts.
It does look like it could suit my needs. Can I make most sites autocomplete and sites involving money require a password?

No that phones can do online banking, wallet and contactless payment I'm getting more concerned about security

Been using Last Pass for years. Several years as a free account and most recently a year as a premium account.

To answer your question, yes I do trust them with my banking credentials. They explain the technology very well on there forums, the docs are petty good to. You can add a Google Authenticator token to your account if you like, but they support a wide variety of 2 factor auth schemes.

Free vs Premium features can be compared here https://lastpass.com/features#prices

The basics are premium gives you mobile apps, more 2 factor authentication options (Google Authentictor is available for free accounts), and tech support. Its $1/mo.

Before LastPass I used KeePass for a long time. It was a great program, but the auto syncing of lastpass was a killer app imo.

Back