Remote Web Workplace portal in SBS...they gotta offer a stand alone version

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
I know a lot of people here don't like SBS, or if they do, they don't know about the Remote Web Workplace portal. I've had clients absolutely love that feature. Makes remote access so easy, works well, and less headaches for me.

I wish Microsoft would make a stand alone version of this...so it could be installed on vanilla Server setups.

//steps off of soapbox

Log me in makes a version, its called LogMeIn.

I was never really a fan of the remote web workplace, dunno why, just didn't like it

I know a lot of people here don't like SBS, or if they do, they don't know about the Remote Web Workplace portal. I've had clients absolutely love that feature. Makes remote access so easy, works well, and less headaches for me.

I wish Microsoft would make a stand alone version of this...so it could be installed on vanilla Server setups.

//steps off of soapbox

I hear you StoneCat. Microsoft could just name their price and I would find a way to buy it.

Why they don't expand on this I have no idea. Probably because they would rather push people into buying a Terminal Server.

I believe Windows Server 2008 has some similar functionality.

Also, they have some improvements on the new version in SBS 2008. It's pretty nice. I've been testing the RC0 build for several months now. I like it a lot.

Back