Remote play all PSone games from PS3 on the PSP?

4saken

[H]F Junkie
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50443

"The latest firmware updates for the PSP and PS3 reportedly enable the streaming and playing of all original PlayStation games on a PSP via the PlayStation 3's remote play functionality.

Wish i had brought my PSP to work to verify this. Truly badass if it does work. I always enjoy when Sony ninjas cool stuff into their updates.

They really are making the PS3 an extremely interesting machine.

Some guy on shacknews confirmed it worked with a Disc based PS1 games. So apparently it will work for downloaded ps1 titles and the actual disc software versions as well.

If the lag doesn't make them unplayable, I think it's pretty neat. Wouldn't mind a little RPG action on the go.

Can someone explain this to me please? I have a PS3 and a ton of PSone games. If I were to get a PSP I could use the PS3 to put PSone games on the PSP to play on the go without any connection to the console or do I have to be connected to the PS3 via wireless internet.

sony seems to be doing everything they can to make their older titles playable. Which is smart and cool, but da hackers can already play PS1 iso's on their psp's along with so many other things.

So there's enough bandwidth so you can put a PSX disc in the Ps3 and play i ton the PSP downstairs?

Wow. That's one of the most impressive things i've read all day.

I know it works pretty well with those online "classic" games. I think I've only got 1-2 PS1 games left, so this won't do much for me. I guess it is a way to play FF7 on the PSP, though.

Do the 40 gig ps3 have the capability to play PS1 games or they simply can't play PS2 games?

Can someone explain this to me please? I have a PS3 and a ton of PSone games. If I were to get a PSP I could use the PS3 to put PSone games on the PSP to play on the go without any connection to the console or do I have to be connected to the PS3 via wireless internet.

You need to have a wireless connection to the PS3. If your game is on CD you can only have one game in the PS3 drive obviously, but you can buy PS1 games off PSN and store them on the PS3. If you want to store PS1 games on the PSP all you need is a PSP, memory stick, and a computer and maybe a custom psp firmware depending on the game you want to play.

I was playing FF7 off my ps3 its pretty cool. It looks great on the small psp screen almost looks like a new game with no jaggies and stuff.

The PS3 drives all the crunching and only sends a video and sound output to the PSP, which acts as a simple controller for inputs. There's gonna be a little lag seeing as it's over an Internet connection, but all in all, it's a smooth operation.

I remote played Castlevania on the PSP from my work wifi this morning.
It worked. But there definitely was a slight lag. It was manageable but still not quite what i was hoping. Not to say it wasnt what i was expecting though. Hopefully this function can continue to be improved over time. It definitely is a neat feature.

I remote played Castlevania on the PSP from my work wifi this morning.
It worked. But there definitely was a slight lag. It was manageable but still not quite what i was hoping. Not to say it wasnt what i was expecting though. Hopefully this function can continue to be improved over time. It definitely is a neat feature.

So you have a PS3 at your work?

Back