Remote management over Lan/Wan

Draugauth

Limp Gawd
What do you guys use/suggest for this?

I'm looking at having someway to manage my servers/switches via my main computer and/or my android based phones. So I'm looking for solutions along these lines that won't break the bank. Any suggestions are appreciated.

How are they both over a LAN? also can they be used with android based phones?

check out VNC, that's what I use. Make sure everyone has a static I.P. and make a list. Then put it in a binder for documentation. Hard to remember a few dozen computer I.P. addresses lol.

Can use used with any android/iOS device.

Alright I'll check it out. Any specific version of VNC? Last I looked into VNC there were a dozen+ versions.

check out VNC, that's what I use. Make sure everyone has a static I.P. and make a list. Then put it in a binder for documentation. Hard to remember a few dozen computer I.P. addresses lol.

Can use used with any android/iOS device.

DHCP Reservations in the DHCP server. alot easier, and just use computer names?

once I have my own DNS server up an running the computer names thing will work. However my router only allows 32 reserved DHCP IPs. So my network is mainly static with the streaming devices all having reserved dhcp IPs.

But about the VNC. Which distro do you recommend?

I use UltraVNC myself. You have the ability to upload files that way if you need to. And, I have it setup in my router so port 5900 goes to 1 PC, 5901 to another, 5902... well, you get the drift.

Alright I'll give UltraVNC a go and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Yup, i LOVED it once i found it, other RDC programs open each and every dam session in a new window...

i have mine at work set up with about 100 systems and once you make a group.. right click / connect as..

done

The mini view is really nice too because it's not just a picture but the actual RDP session.

Back