Remote installation/Desktop Virtualization

losboricua

n00b
One of my friend is trying to set up a training lab for one of his clients. Basically they would like to have different images save in a server. So then when you know that you have an Autocad training, you can log in to the server, and tell it that during the next reboot of the lab computers, it will install that fresh image. I thought that Symantec sold this type of software, but I have not being able to find anything about Symantec of any other software provider.

I know some schools use this kind of systems so that every morning when the computers are rebooted, it gets a clean image. Any guidance to the right product will be totally appreciated. I was also thinking about maybe making a Virtual server that people can log in when they need to use a specific VM.

Thanks
Carlos

Sounds like Symantec Ghost Server is what your looking for, but not sure how you would choose what image to use on the day that yo uwould need it. Unless its part of the ghost cast server.

Windows Deployment Service (or older Remote Installation Service).
Symantec Ghost Solution Suite.

I like the VM idea ... can take it furhter with some VDI solutions (XenDesktop / VMWare View).
I only used RIS, PowerQuest Deployment Suite (bought out by Symantec), Ghost Enterprise, and LanDesk.

Back