Remote Desktop

Izza

Gawd
Trying to find a way so that users can connect to their individual machines using the Remote Desktop client at the outside IP.

I can connect to the domain controller, but how can I make it login-based, where if Bob User logs in, he is connected to his machine and not anyone elses?

I'm sure this is a really newbie question, but I'm lost. :confused:

Just to clarify, you want users to connect from the "cloud" to your internal network, and only to their corresponding physical machine?

easy with a properly set up VPN... just give them their host names and they're good to go...

Just to clarify, you want users to connect from the "cloud" to your internal network, and only to their corresponding physical machine?

Right.

At the moment I have it so they go to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx and NAT handles it, but I'd really like a way they can just connect to a single IP, and be routed based on login.

Say, if I had a user with certain administrative permissions here, but I don't necessarily want them to have it from home.

Am I overthinking this?

You can do it with something like Citrix. There is also a Terminal Services Proxy software that I read about at one point, I can't remember if Microsoft put it out or what it was.

You can change the port on each individual workstation that rdp uses and create the firewall rules to match. How many computers are we talking here?

port forward 22 ports start at 3389 and 3390 3391 3392 JOKIN!!!

Id to vpn..

TSGateway.
It's a feature of the new Remote Desktop Server (what we used to call Terminal Server)
No port 3389 exposed..all done on port 443.
Uses NTLM security

Very slick! Proxies all RDP clients to whatever they're assigned to for the host...be it the terminal server itself, or...to their desktops. Screw old clunky VPN. This is more secure than VPN too.

TSGateway.
It's a feature of the new Remote Desktop Server (what we used to call Terminal Server)
No port 3389 exposed..all done on port 443.
Uses NTLM security

Very slick! Proxies all RDP clients to whatever they're assigned to for the host...be it the terminal server itself, or...to their desktops. Screw old clunky VPN. This is more secure than VPN too.

And this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you, sir.

I've walked into a mess of 2000/2003/2008/2008R2 machines, and the many changes in names, dialogs, etc, is filling my brain with derp. Never had to configure Remote Desktop like this, so I'm more than a little frustrated.

Back