Remote Desktop software that uses HTTP(S) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmk396

Gawd
I'm looking for something like LogMeIn.com or GotoMyPc.com but that I can run locally at home (or something online but mostly everything is blocked at my work).

I also can't tunnel through SSH so that won't work. I need something that operates over HTTP(S).

Does anything like this exist?

The server can run on unix or Windows but my end goal is to connect from Work to my Windows (7) desktop at home.

Use VNC and change it to use port 443. If the regular client based connection is blocked, even at 443, try setting the java connection port to 443.

Darn. TeamViewer.com is blocked...

Also, it looks like the firewall is doing packet inspection because changing the port to HTTPS (443) doesn't work. I've already tried that. :(

This is actually quite easy to do, try google. This thread will probably be locked soon. BTW, all firewalls do packet inspection but if you're getting blocked because you're masquerading SSH traffic over SSL ports then its doing deep stateful inspection(actually looking into the data payload, specifically for a "GET"".

Depending on your companies policies (as some of these ideas could be considered adverting security) you might try using Hotspot Shield to see if a vpn connection would work.

I use HotSpot shield to access to Hulu while I'm overseas.

I'm fairly sure that bypassing your works securtiy stuff is not allowed, but theorectically if it was, you could theoretically run an open vpn server on port 443 and tell the client to access it via the companys proxy.

thats how i would do it :rolleyes::confused::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back