remote desktop help

ngk

Gawd
i've been reading around and getting a basic idea of how to connect but i'm not sure what to do still. i'd like to be able to connect to my computer in my apartment from campus here. i setup a new account on this computer to connect with. i know how to get my ip and everything so i can connect from a campus computer but i have one problem, i'm behind a linksys router and i dont know if i need to open ports or setup port forwarding or anything....anyone have any ideas?

so after i forward that port to this computer through my router....when i go to connect from on campus i use the ip address that shows up on like whatismyip.com, obviously i dont use the 192.168 right ?

so i figured out that my university blocks those ports so the remote desktop wont work but i also tried to setup the remote web connection thing through internet explorer and i got it setup fine on my machine but when i go to the site http://myip:port/tsweb/ and enter things and hit connect it comes up as a square with a red x on it, like an image that wont work....any ideas ???

Back