remote desktop error win2k3 - network error

sxesynesthesia

Limp Gawd
All of a sudden i cant rmeote desktop into my win 2k3 server from any machine or o/s I get the following error-
sdfsdf.JPG

worked perfectly for months, now all of a sudden it doesnt
remote desktop is enabled
this is local lan so no router problems
server has been rebooted multiple times
ip has been changed

IP has changed... Does it work using the IP and not the DNS Name? Perhaps DNS is at fault.

The only other thing... what updates have been installed just before this started happening?

That Service Pack came out for Server 2003. Honestly, I haven't even looked at the darn thing yet to see what it fixes (when its running just fine, and nobody is ever on it for the internet, I generally don't bother unless something else is wrong).

The only other thing... what updates have been installed just before this started happening?

That Service Pack came out for Server 2003. Honestly, I haven't even looked at the darn thing yet to see what it fixes (when its running just fine, and nobody is ever on it for the internet, I generally don't bother unless something else is wrong).

i have no idea, it auto downloads and installs them

View the history of the updates, then. See what was installed and when.
Review your Update History
You have not yet installed updates from this website or by turning on automatic updating on your computer. To select and install updates now, go to our Home page

hmm. guess i should download updates and see what happens?

Review your Update History
You have not yet installed updates from this website or by turning on automatic updating on your computer. To select and install updates now, go to our Home page

hmm. guess i should download updates and see what happens?

You don't even update the darn thing? Where is this server used and what for?
That needs to be addressed as well...

You COULD install the updates, as they might overwrite some files that may be causing you a problem (And both XP and Server have had Remote Desktop updates).

I just don't know where this server is used. I don't know if you have tons of other people's data on it that is used all day long, and thus you don't want to take the server down for too long (in case something happens).

You don't even update the darn thing? Where is this server used and what for?
That needs to be addressed as well...

You COULD install the updates, as they might overwrite some files that may be causing you a problem (And both XP and Server have had Remote Desktop updates).

I just don't know where this server is used. I don't know if you have tons of other people's data on it that is used all day long, and thus you don't want to take the server down for too long (in case something happens).
no, it's just a home server. I have automatic updates enabled it just hasnt updated for some reason. I go to windows update to download updates and it says it cant validate my version of windows )server 2k3 ent) :mad:

no, it's just a home server. I have automatic updates enabled it just hasnt updated for some reason. I go to windows update to download updates and it says it cant validate my version of windows )server 2k3 ent) :mad:

Wonder why that would be? Pirated?

You can call Microsoft to have them help you validate it if its a legit version (they are tougher on Server products because they cost so darn much more).

Wonder why that would be? Pirated?

You can call Microsoft to have them help you validate it if its a legit version (they are tougher on Server products because they cost so darn much more).
nah, not pirated. it says on the list it doesnt even validate server products? wtgay

anyways i just want to fix rdp i dont care about updates its just a small home server

nah, not pirated. it says on the list it doesnt even validate server products? wtgay

anyways i just want to fix rdp i dont care about updates its just a small home server

Being a home server, I would just run System Restore.

I'm pretty sure Server products still have to validate- I vaguely remember having to do that after installing it (I haven't installed a Server product in about 6 months, so I don't remember too well).

Being a home server, I would just run System Restore.

I'm pretty sure Server products still have to validate- I vaguely remember having to do that after installing it (I haven't installed a Server product in about 6 months, so I don't remember too well).
it doesnt have sys restore for some reason

Well, why don't you make sure your XP is at least up to date (there have been Remote Desktop updates for it) and see if that fixes anything?

If it doesnt, call Microsoft and get your Server activated, and install the updates there.

Well, why don't you make sure your XP is at least up to date (there have been Remote Desktop updates for it) and see if that fixes anything?

If it doesnt, call Microsoft and get your Server activated, and install the updates there.

all systems i try to connect with are up to date. I get the same erorr using the web based rdp.

I reall ydont want to sit on the phone with microsoft for hours "-/

As long as you haven't pirated anything (in which they will basically hang up on you), it takes 10 minutes.

sorry I can't help more but I used to have this issue too randomly. But in recent formats, it seems to not be a problem anymore, so it could indeed be some sort of update.

Have you tried putting sp2 on? It's hopefully included in there in case you missed the single update somehow

sorry I can't help more but I used to have this issue too randomly. But in recent formats, it seems to not be a problem anymore, so it could indeed be some sort of update.

Have you tried putting sp2 on? It's hopefully included in there in case you missed the single update somehow

completely updated now and problem persists.

I did recently move this hdd form my old server to this one. I did however completely uninstall the old nic. even tried changing the ip. is there something i forgot that could cause this?

Back