I have two PCs, the client system running at 1680x1050, the other an HTPC running at 1920x1080.
VNC used to work fine as my old HTPC was 1366x768 so there was no scrolling when controlling it from the work PC. But now with the higher-res I have to scroll up and down and side to side. Takes a lot of time.
Is there any way to get VNC to scale down the image? If not, are there any free or cheap VNC-like programs that can do this?
EDIT: The HTPC/server runs XP, client PC runs Vista.
VNC used to work fine as my old HTPC was 1366x768 so there was no scrolling when controlling it from the work PC. But now with the higher-res I have to scroll up and down and side to side. Takes a lot of time.
Is there any way to get VNC to scale down the image? If not, are there any free or cheap VNC-like programs that can do this?
EDIT: The HTPC/server runs XP, client PC runs Vista.